Disasters don’t give advance warning, so it’s wise to plan ahead for your entire family. Your pets need Go Bags too! CalFire offers a clear guide, Wildland Fire Safety for Your Livestock and Pets, that includes this handy packing list:
Pet Disaster Preparedness Kit
- Pet carrier for each pet
- Two week supply of food and water
- Non-spill food and water bowls
- Pet first-aid kit
- Medications and dosing instructions
- Cat litter box and litter
- Plastic bags for waste disposal
- Paper towels
- Toys and treats
Animal Rescue Card
Here is an animal rescue card for your door. Print this page, note the types and number of pets in your household, and include contact information (your name, phone, veterinarian contact).
If you’re able to evacuate with your pets, remove the card or write EVACUATED across it.