We’re looking for help with this Special Olympics event. It’s next Sunday, 10th of June.
We would appreciate your help with either of our two shifts:
6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. for set-up and registration, and
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for clean-up, distributing shirts, and help with lunch tickets
BOTH shifts qualify for BBQ lunch! (You’re also welcome at the Brewfest but you’ll need to buy a $25 ticket.)
Please sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/A6TPXQGLnxl5F0gI3
Here’s more information on the event. If you have questions, please ask!
Here are the duties at this point:
0600 – 1000
- Set up directional tripods along each side of the roadway directing the riders to the amphitheater
- Set up “No Event Parking” tripods at the entrance to East Bay Regional Parks parking lot.
- 1 – 2 volunteers to man EBRP parking lot to enforce no parking.
- 3 – 4 volunteers AT THE AMPHITHEATER
- Set up tables in front of Control 98 for registration
- Hang registration signs on Control 98
- Set up handouts/wristbands according to ride (25 Mile, 50 Mile, 100 K and Century)
- Set up registration check off sheets (on clipboards)
- Work registration table – checking in preregistered riders, giving them route cards and affixing wristbands
Note: Opening ceremonies and the start of the ride will be held at 8:30 at the parking lot on the corner of No Court and Joe DiMaggio Drive. Registration should significantly slow down at this point, so we will probably only need 1 2 CERT members manning the registration table. The remaining members are welcome to watch the ceremonies! After the ceremonies, the members are welcome to return to the amphitheater for the clean up/set up portion or join the luncheon (and BrewFest).
1000 – 1400
- Clean up and organize registration table for luncheon/BrewFest registration and ticket sales.
- Organize shirts to be handed to participating riders upon their return
- Riders and non-riders who have signed up for their lunches and/or BrewFest online will be given a wristband by a CERT volunteer.
Note on LUNCHES: Non-riders will have prepaid for their lunches online. If an individual did NOT prepay for their lunch, there will NOT be luncheon tickets sold at the event.
BrewFest: Riders and non-riders who did not sign up for BrewFest online are welcome to purchase BrewFest tickets for $25 per verified adult. CERT volunteers must check identification prior to affixing the BrewFest wristband.
CERT volunteers are welcome to join us as our guest for a delicious BBQ lunch. CERT volunteers are also welcome to join us for BrewFest, however, they will be required to purchase the $25 BrewFest wristband.
Note from Irene, Martinez PD: I wish to express my appreciation for the invaluable assistance I always receive from CERT and am looking forward to working with everyone again this year!! If you have any further questions or I may be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact me at:
– Irene Merkel
(925) 372-3435 work phone
UPDATE: Irene has retired! We’ll be working with Sgt. Fred Ferrer this year.